bathymetric /ba-thi-ˈme-trik/ of or relating to measurements of the depths of oceans or lakes
What's this all about? ...Here's an introduction to this blog and here's a 30-second overview of the book itself

Thursday, September 19, 2013

On Creativity

In April, I came across this short blog post by Derek Sivers. He writes about the way we look everywhere for inspiration and constantly take it in. We need to let that breath out and create things ourselves to keep the creative process moving. 


"inspiration is applying what you’ve received" 

I've found this very true during the course of this project. What was briefly a finished product became a work-in-progress again and then again. By contemplating the piece and explaining it to many people, I expanded my concept of what it could represent. My new prototype goals (blog post about those here) extend far beyond what I envisioned when I began to create the book. 


"Don't forget to breathe out."

No comments:

Post a Comment