bathymetric /ba-thi-ˈme-trik/ of or relating to measurements of the depths of oceans or lakes
What's this all about? ...Here's an introduction to this blog and here's a 30-second overview of the book itself

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

After the Conference

On Thursday Oct 10th, I gave a presentation about the Bathymetric Book project at a cartography conference: the NACIS Annual Meeting. Thanks to my pre-presentation jitters, I completely forgot to ask someone to take photos during the talk!  

Despite my nerves, the presentation went very well. I want to extend a huge THANK YOU to everybody who spoke with me about my talk and my project. I feel buoyed by your compliments and excited to share my finished piece with you someday! 


The book was on display in the Map Gallery for the duration of the conference, and I was happy to see many people paging through it. 


This great photo by Dylan Moriarty

For those who are now tuning in thanks to the NACIS conference, this blog is your resource for tracking my project's progress. From these posts, I also hope that you can learn from my process, see my challenges and insights as broadly applicable, and perhaps even be inspired to implement your own creative and novel ideas.  

No comments:

Post a Comment